Дотоод аудитын удирдлагын мэдээллийн систем хөгжүүлэх зөвлөх компани сонгон шалгаруулна (сунгагдсан)
|| 2022-05-11 15:00:00
Mongolia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the Strengthening Fiscal and Financial Stability (SFFS) Project. The Objectives of the SFFS Project is to contribute to the Government of Mongolia’s effort to strengthen fiscal and financial stability and improve the quality of expenditure. The project is composed of five components: (A) Strengthening Macroeconomic and Fiscal Management; (B) Improving the Efficiency of Public Financial Management; (C) Enhancing Financial Sector Stability; (D) Strengthening the Social Protection System; and (E) Project Management and Monitoring.
Under the objectives of the Component B on improving the efficiency of Public Financial Management, there is a subcomponent on improving budget credibility, predictability and execution for better delivery services that, among other things, aims to enhance the government’s budget control, internal audit and risk management functions.
Mongolia has recently introduced the internal auditing in the public sector, and due to the limited knowledge and experiences, promotions, advancements and development activities are crucial in the field.
The Ministry of Finance (MOF) of Mongolia, responsible for providing methodological support to all internal audit and financial control units at all levels of the Government of Mongolia, believes that successful adaptation of the information technology in the area of internal auditing is vital not only for the efficiency of internal auditing process, but also for improving its expertise and strengthening management in all levels of public sector.
Improving the effectiveness of internal audit and financial control through the implementation of information systems is a new initiative for the public sector of Mongolia. Currently, internal audit and financial control processes are largely manual and paper-based. A web-based system linked with other government systems is needed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit and financial control.
The MOF has set a goal to introduce a web-based management information system for public sector internal audit and financial control activities through implementing the two-phased project.
In Phase 1, technical specifications and system requirements of the Internal Audit Management Information System (IAMIS) should be developed.
In Phase 2, based on the previously developed design and requirements, software of the IAMIS should be developed and deployed.
As a result of the previous phase of the project, a comprehensive Design Document of the IAMIS that defines technical specifications and system requirements of the IAMIS are prepared and ready to be used for the next phase.
The Design Document (323 pages) of the IAMIS, in the Mongolian language, is attached to this document and is an integral part of this Terms of Reference.
Therefore, the Financial Control and Risk Management Department (FCRMD) of the Ministry of Finance (the Client) is seeking a consulting firm (the Consultant) to implement Phase 2 to develop and deploy the IAMIS, which is expected to have the following features:
The main purposes of the IAMIS are as follows:
- Transition from paper-based to automation: To automate the nationwide public sector internal audit and financial control units’ activities; and to reduce the technical workload of preparing and conducting internal auditing and financial control tasks;
- The Government of Mongolia's internal control improvements and advancements: To enable the Government of Mongolia's monitoring and management of the internal audit and financial control workflows in nationwide and to extract integrated and reliable data and information for critical decision-making processes.
Scope of the system
- The envisioned system will be used not only by the Financial control and risk management department of the MOF, but also more widely used by all officials of the internal audit and financial control units across public sector (at the Government level);
- The system will, thus, be used by more than 2000 internal auditors, state financial inspectors, and authorized officials and experts from over 200 internal audit and financial control units (13 ministries, 11 districts and city mayors’ offices, 29 agencies, and other 20 general governing bodies) of the central and local governing bodies, as well as public sector organizations at all levels including the MOF.
- The system is expected to provide end-to-end functionality for managing the complete audit and financial control and inspection cycle and workflow including risk assessment, audit planning and scheduling, data and file storage, development of audit and financial control and inspection plans and checklists, field data collection, development of audit and financial control and inspection reports and recommendations, reviews of audit recommendations by auditees and management and implementation of audit recommendations and remedial actions.
- The system shall automatically generate audit and financial control and inspection reports by categories of: General governing bodies; Public sectoral; Geographical and Institutional.
- Provide a reliable and modern platform to the public sector internal auditors and state financial inspectors to be more objective-oriented/based, independent and specific when performing internal audit and financial control activities;
- Enforce compliance with the relevant legislations, vision, mission, and activities of the MOF through a system-based approach; and
- Extract/collect reliable and timely internal audit and financial control data and information from the Government systems to improve risk assessment, monitoring and reporting needs of the Government of Mongolia.
The main objectives of this assignment are: i). to develop, install, configure and test the IAMIS, ii). to prepare configuration documents and training materials, and iii). to conduct trainings and provide required maintenance and fixes errors if any during the implementation of the IAMIS.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The Consulting firm shall undertake the following activities:
TASK 1: Design and develop the IAMIS.
1.1. Study the approved design document and system requirements of the IAMIS;
1.2. Review the implementation plan to develop the information system and revise, if necessary, by consulting with the FCRMD and Financial Information Technology Division (FITD) of the MOF;
1.3. Analyze each subsystems and develop low-level software design. The information system shall consist of two sub systems: Internal Audit and Financial Control. Each sub systems shall include the following modules:
Internal Audit Subsystem
Financial Control Subsystem
1.4. Modify the functional and non-functional requirements of the system with the Client’s written request if the practices and policies are changed since the functional and non-functional requirements of the system were developed or the Client’s requirements are revised;
1.5. Develop unit test cases for each subsystems;
1.6. Conduct development of coding for each subsystems;
1.7. Present the drafts to the client and reflect changes/comments/recommendations;
1.8. Perform unit tests for each subsystems;
1.9. Perform the IAMIS software integration testing;
1.10. Develop the IAMIS software help documentation and system development manual covering source code and the related explanations;
1.11. Transfer the IAMIS software source code with the relevant documents to the client.
Output 1.1. The IAMIS software source code with the relevant explanations/information;
Output 1.2. The IAMIS compiled installation software package;
Output 1.3. System development manual;
Output 1.4. System online context help on modules;
Output 1.5. Physical database ER diagram;
Output 1.6. Data dictionary with detailed description.
TASK 2: Install, configure and test the IAMIS.
2.1. Install and configure the IAMIS’s server software such as operating systems, web servers and database management system on newly procured servers at the data center of the MOF;
2.2. Configure and test the IAMIS’s newly procured networking devices together with the FITD specialists of the MOF;
2.3. Install and configure the IAMIS software on the servers at the data center of MOF;
2.4. Test and operationalize the IAMIS together with the FCRMD and FITD specialists of the MOF at the MOF, selected agencies, districts and aimags;
2.5. Perform data migration such as entering opening balances, reference metadata, and importing previous data etc.;
2.6. Interface the IAMIS with the following information systems through the APIs which are available and functional at the MOF:
The information systems, to be interfaced with the IAMIS:
Interface with the Fiscal database (for budget entities) to retrieve
approved budget information of an audit object by organization code, fiscal
Interface with e-Huulga application (for budget entities) to retrieve
account statements of an audit object by a given accounting period,
Interface with e-Report application (for budget entities) to retrieve 4
financial reports of an audit object by a given accounting period,
Interface with Payroll application (for budget entities) to retrieve
payroll information of an audit object by a given accounting period,
Interface with e-Balance application (for state owned enterprises) to
retrieve 4 financial reports of an audit object by a given accounting period,
Interface with Microsoft One Drive - online file storage to exchange
files by user id;
Interface with Leader Monitoring application to retrieve previously
audited follow up information of an audit object by audit object name, work
paper name, code, and/or date;
Interface with the ODAMIS to retrieve reports, plan, budget execution,
approved documents of donor financed projects by a fiscal year or project id;
Interface with the DMFAS to retrieve debt management information such as
foreign or domestic loans, securities, bond, etc. by a given year,
organization name, loan id, or loan approval;
Interface with the PIMIS to retrieve public investment plan, financing,
execution information by a given fiscal year, organization name, general
governor, executing company, activity, investment project, program;
Interface with Leader Monitoring application to respond internal audit
follow ups, internal audit reports, and resolutions by given date ranges,
report name, audit object name;
Output 2.1. Configuration documents for network;
Output 2.2. Configuration documents for database;
Output 2.3. Configuration documents for the IAMIS software;
TASK 3: Develop training materials and conduct trainings.
3.1. Develop user manuals (system installation manual, functional administrator manual and end-user manuals) and finalize the manuals upon consultations with the Client;
3.2. Develop training materials (system installation, functional administrators and end-user trainings) and finalize the materials upon consultations with the Client;
3.3. Develop a training plan and training agenda and get approval from the Client;
3.4. Conduct trainings for functional administrator of the Client;
3.5. Conduct trainings for technical specialists such as specialists of the FITD of the MOF;
3.6. Conduct trainings for end-users such as auditors and inspectors of the MOF, other line ministries, agencies, districts, and aimags;
3.7. Prepare video training materials based on the trainings conducted;
3.8. Propose first year maintenance and support plan (including bug fix files).
Output 3.1. System installation manual (approval from the Client is necessary);
Output 3.2. Functional administrator manual (approval from the Client is necessary);
Output 3.3. End-user manual (approval from the Client is necessary);
Output 3.4. Training materials (video, presentation slides, etc.) (approval from the Client is necessary);
Output 3.5. Trainings conducted for functional administrator, technical specialists and end users.
Based on the activities specified in the Scope of Work and the detailed contract implementation plan to be approved by the Client, the Consulting firm’s deliverables will include:
DELIVERY 1: The final developed software package (Output 1);
DELIVERY 2: The final configuration documents (Output 2);
DELIVERY 3: The final and approved manuals and training materials (Output 3); Trainings’ reports conducted for functional administrator, technical specialists and end-users such as auditors and inspectors of the MOF, other line ministries, agencies, districts, and aimags. (Output 3)
DELIVERY 4: First year support and maintenance report.
V. CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS
The desired consulting firm should be a legally established and registered entity in Mongolia meeting the following qualification requirements that is capable of providing software development services in the areas of financial information systems:
I. Have experience to design and develop at least 3 large-scale information systems in the last 5 years;
II. Technical approach and methodology suitable for the assignment;
III. Should have the following technology skills:
- Back-End: JAVA, Python, or ASP.NET WebAPI, MVC, Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.). ASP.NET is preferred;
- Database: MSSQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL;
IV. Able to mobilize the following key professionals with the required qualifications and competencies (international professional experience is preferable) (see detailed qualification requirements below):
- Project Manager;
- Business Analysts;
- Solution Architect;
- UX/UI Designer;
- Full Stack Developers;
- Quality Assurance Engineers;
- Compliance Specialist;
- System Administrator (DevOp).
5.1 KEY EXPERTS
The Consultant team should consist of at least eleven (11) experts: (i) 1 Project Manager/Team leader; (ii) 2 Business Analysts; (iii) 1 Solution Architect; (iv) 1 UX/UI Designer (v) 2 Full Stack Developers; (vi) 2 Quality Assurance Engineers; (vii) 1 System Administrator (DevOp Engineer); (viii) 1 Compliance Specialist; having the following qualifications:
5.1.1. Project manager/Team Leader (1)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Project manager shall include:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives of the IAMIS;
- Manage and supervise the Consultant team in effective and efficient manner;
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner;
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan;
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress;
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution;
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed;
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement;
- Organize trainings for users with the team;
- Prepare and submit progress and final reports;
Project manager shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Must have at least Master's degree in information technology or Business Administration;
(ii) Must have at least three years of experience in the designing, managing and developing management information system (proven experience of IT consultancy in public sector of Mongolia is preferable);
(iii) Must have experiences of at least 5 works related to project management of information system (will be advantage if it is a government information system);
(iv) Must have proven record of consulting experience with international organizations such as the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, the United Nations, the International Financial Corporation and the International Monetary Fund;
(v) Must have extensive theoretical and practical knowledge and skills on business analysis, software development, data analytics and related area;
(vi) Must have a deep knowledge on modern software, hardware, network and security areas of information technology;
(vii) Must have more than 5 years of project management and related experience (international experience on project management in overseas is preferable);
(viii) Must be fluent in both Mongolian and English;
(ix) Ability to solve complex problems creatively;
(x) Solid expertise with project management software tools, SDLC, and best practices;
(xi) Practical experience seeing and completing projects through the whole cycle;
(xii) Excellent analytical skills;
(xiii) Strong interpersonal skills and resourcefulness;
(xiv) Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
5.1.2. Business analysts (2)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Business analyst shall include:
- Conduct business analysis over the business requirements to design and develop the IAMIS;
- Define methods and methodologies necessary for the design and development of the IAMIS;
- Provide/perform high-quality analysis and recommendations for the team;
- Evaluate and monitor the implementation of the IAMIS;
- Assess the utilization of the required resources and implementation of works to design and develop the IAMIS.
Business analyst shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Should have bachelor’s or higher degree in finance, accounting or related fields;
(ii) Should have more than 3 years of experience of working as an auditor or financial controller;
(iii) Must have ability to perform logical analysis and calculations as well as a good ability for lateral thinking;
(iv) Should have knowledge in the areas of international audit and relevant standards, and any professional certificate in the relevant domains is preferred (CPA, CIA or equivalent);
(v) Should have good experience in IT system analysis as well as evaluation;
(vi) Should have experience in teamwork of information technology projects;
(vii) Should have sufficient knowledge on internal audit and financial control;
(viii) Should have adequate English skills.
5.1.3. Solution architect (1)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Solution architect shall include:
- Perform Systems Design and Architecture of the IAMIS;
- Document and monitor the requirements needed to institute proposed updates;
- Work closely with the project manager, business analysts, and full stack developers within the team to ensure entire system is available for projects and working properly;
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various stakeholders;
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope;
- Work closely with the Project manager to successfully monitor progress of initiatives;
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions;
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution.
Solution architect shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred;
(ii) Project management and leadership skills are essential;
(iii) At least 3 years of experience developing large scale web-based applications;
(iv) Current understanding of the best practices regarding system security measures;
(v) Experience in software engineering and N-TIER architecture;
(vi) Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes;
(vii) Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software;
(viii) Extensive knowledge and experience working with operating systems.
5.1.4. UX/UI designer (1)
The key responsibilities and duties of the UX/UI designer shall include:
- Plan concepts by studying existing design document and materials;
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, type size and style;
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting layout, icons, type size and style;
- Prepare final screen prototype layout, icons, type size and style.
UX/UI designer shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Must have a bachelor’s degree in information technology or graphic design;
(ii) Should have more than 3 years of working experience of graphic design at medium and large-scale enterprise system development project;
(iii) Must have a graphic designer working experience of at least 3 systems;
(iv) Must have experience of teamwork and working in a UI/UX team to develop large-scale web-based system;
(v) Must have advanced knowledge and skills in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and XD or Invision;
(vi) Should have creative mind and knowledge of web technology standards;
(vii) Must have adequate English skills.
5.1.5. Full Stack Developers (2)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Developer shall include:
- Design client-side and server-side architecture of the IAMIS;
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design;
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications;
- Write effective APIs;
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software;
- Create security and data protection settings;
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design;
- Write technical documentation of IAMIS;
- Provide maintenance and support within 1 year of warranty period after acceptance of the IAMIS.
Developer shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Must have a bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science;
(ii) Must have at least 3 years of experience of working at project to develop medium and large-scale systems;
(iii) Must have experience of working at 3 systems minimum, as a full stack developer;
(iv) Must have experience of working in a team to develop large-scale web-based system;
(v) Must have sufficient knowledge on Internet network security technology and hardware;
(vi) Familiarity with common stacks;
(ix) Hands-on experience in databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, MS SQL, Server, Oracle), web servers (e.g. IIS, Apache);
(x) Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
(xi) Great attention to details;
(xii) Organizational skills;
(xiii) Must have adequate English skills.
5.1.6. Quality assurance engineers (2)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Quality assurance engineer shall include:
- Review the requirements, specifications and technical design documents of the IAMIS and to provide meaningful feedback in timely manner;
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using various tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Monitor debugging process results;
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions;
- Must be up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Quality assurance engineer shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
(ii) At least 3 years of proven work experience in software development;
(iii) At least 3 years of proven work experience in software quality assurance;
(iv) Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies tools and processes;
(v) Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
(vi) Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing;
(vii) Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
(viii) Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting;
(ix) Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
(x) Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
5.1.7. Compliance Specialist (1)
The key responsibilities and duties of the Compliance Specialist shall include:
- Assist in then monitoring of project activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations;
- Produce high-quality documentation designed for end-users of the IAMIS;
- Prepare a help documentation on modules of the IAMIS software;
- Prepare user manuals;
- Develop videos and paper-based training materials;
- Follow the document standards, structure, methods and experience;
- Conduct trainings for users with the team;
Compliance Specialist shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Must have at least a master’s degree in law and other relevant fields;
(ii) Must have experience of developing technical manuals for at least 3 systems in related area;
(iii) Must have good communication skills;
(iv) Must have capability to read the specific complex texts and understand the complete meaning;
(v) Must have capability to work independently and provide advices;
(vi) Must have professional writing skills.
(vii) Must have adequate English skills.
5.1.8. System administrator - DevOp (1)
The key responsibilities and duties of the System administrator shall include:
- Study network infrastructure of the IAMIS as per specified in the design document;
- Perform works on installation, configuration and testing of the IAMIS’s hardware and networking devices;
- Install and configure server operating systems, web servers and setup networks;
- Prepare the system installation manual, and configuration documents of the IAMIS;
- Provide support for problem solving and ensure implementation;
- Conduct training for users with the team.
System administrator shall meet the following qualifications/criteria:
(i) Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in information technology and related area;
(ii) Must have at least 3 years of experience in network infrastructure in medium-level organizations;
(iii) Must have experience in setting up network;
(iv) Must have knowledge and experience in server, storage and network architecture;
(v) Must have certain level of knowledge and experience in network administration;
(vi) Must have skills to analyze, load balance and evaluate network resources;
(vii) Having internationally recognized certificate in related area will be an advantage (CCNA, ССDА etc.);
(viii) Must have adequate English skills.
VI. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Consulting firm will deliver progress reports and final reports on the progress of the assignment in a timely manner to the Director-General of the FCRMD of the MOF, Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and a working group through a designated official appointed by the Director-General of the FCRMD.
The Client and the PIU shall evaluate the performance on an output basis and approve invoices for the delivered outputs.
The firm must prepare and submit progress reports detailing achievements, and when appropriate, details of the impediments in the execution of the entire assignment as requested in a timely manner.
All progress reports shall be prepared in English and other main deliverables must be in Mongolian, in electronic and hard copy, which shall be submitted to the Client and the PIU.
VII. INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
If required, the Client will provide office space and assign the officials to review deliverables stated in the contract for acceptance.
The Consulting firm shall be provided with all the necessary documents and information to perform the assignment in timely manner as well as with the clarification and explanation on the systems requirements.
The Client will be responsible for ensuring the infrastructure and necessary equipment such as networking devices and servers required for the system implementation. The Client is also responsible for the availability and completion of API interface of the relevant MOF systems.
VIII. CONTRACT DURATION
The assignment is expected to commence in May 2022 and be completed within a period of 6 months (126 working days with simultaneous inputs from the team of experts) covering the following tasks/outputs:
In addition to the standard conflict of interest restrictions specified in the consulting contract, all materials created under this Contract will remain the sole property of the MOF. Re-use of the materials will require the formal, written approval of the MOF.
The Consulting firm shall have no material interest in any of the outputs of this assignments and technologies or related ICT services under consideration, and will not be eligible to bid in the future contracts for the implementation of the IAMIS.
On the commencement of the assignment, the Consulting firm will jointly prepare with the MOF a statement of confidentiality that will bind the team to nondisclosure of any sensitive information that the team members may become knowledgeable of during the course of the assignment. The terms of this agreement shall be made consistent with the relevant privacy laws of Mongolia.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Expressions of Interest;
- Company introduction along with a copy of state registration certificate;
- Audited financial statements for the last two years;
- Implementation Plan and Schedule; and
- Evidence of specific experience and qualification information of the firm relevant to the assignment (Annex I).
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail no later than 15:00 PM, May 11, 2022. Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked “Consulting service to develop and deploy Internal Audit Management Information System with Ref no. B13/CS/015)”.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016).
The submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Please be noted that incomplete applications would not be considered for evaluation. Only selected candidate will be contacted. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: 8:30 to 17:30 hours (local Ulaanbaatar time) or email@example.com.
Address for submission of Expression of Interest: Attention to Ms.Oyunyam.M, Procurement Specialist, Strengthening Fiscal and Financial Stability Project, Address: Room #205, Negdsen undestnii 8/2, 4th khoroo, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Tel: 70120582 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.